Monday, April 6, 2015

Tone Passages

First Passage: Tone-Loving

       I stared at her from across the room. I saw her eyes, so bright and blue, and her hair, so blonde and curvy, and her skin, so pale and perfect. I couldn't look away.
      I turned to my friend. "Wow," I said to him. "Do you see that girl over there? She's so... beautiful."
      I turned away and looked back towards her. For a moment, the only thing I could see was her. She was the greatest thing I had ever seen.
      I looked at her for a little longer, and then I finally got the guts to go over and talk to her.


Second Passage: Tone-Disgusted

       I stared at her from across the room, but only for a second. What I did see was her eyes, so large and gray, and her hair, so brown and uneven, and her skin, so burnt and warty.
       I turned to my friend. "Wow," I said to him. "Do you see that girl over there? She's so... gross."
       I kept looking at my friend so I didn't have to look back at her. But I couldn't get her out of my head. She was the worst thing I had ever seen.
       I tried not to think about her, but her face kept popping in my mind, so I finally walked out of the room so I didn't have to see her anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment